first_imgBrighton and Hove Albion keeper Mat Ryan has joked about his pleasure at seeing Eden Hazard seal a move away from the Premier League.The Belgian star secured a transfer to Real Madrid earlier this month and the Aussie is glad he no longer has to worry about facing him.In Ryan’s two games against Hazard last season, the Socceroo conceded five goals with Chelsea’s former number 10 scoring two of those.  Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? “I think from the four times I’ve faced him I haven’t saved a shot from him yet,” Ryan told the Fox Football Podcast.”It’s either been blocked, he’s hit the shot off target or he’s scored a goal.”It’s a bit of an annoying fact so thank god he’s p*ssed off somewhere else. I put in a nice word to (Real Madrid) for him.”I would love to have the opportunity to face him again and stop him – that’s my motivation.” Mat Ryan Brighton 2019Regularly facing off against star players at club level, Ryan is set for a massive test with Australia in 2020 after they were invited to compete in next year’s edition of Copa America.The Socceroos shot-stopper is adamant the competition is exactly what the green and gold need to improve under Graham Arnold. “Going into a tournament like that with the quality of opposition that we’re going to be facing and the experience it’s all going to give us is going to be phenomenal for us moving forward as a nation,” he said.”The more games we can get of that higher quality, common sense tells you, the better we’re going to get, the better we’re going to progress.”So I’ve got no doubt that tournament is going to be of massive importance for our growth as a footballing nation and a footballing team and footballing individuals.”Japan and Qatar are currently competing at Copa America with Australia and Qatar the two non-South American sides invited to next year’s edition.The tournament will be split across Argentina and Colombia with the Socceroos set for their first foray into the continent since the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.  Check out Goal’s Premier League 2019-20 fantasy football podcast for game tips, debate and rivalries.last_img read more

first_imgWashington: The United States will start removing “millions” of illegal migrants next week, President Donald Trump said Monday, adding that Guatemala is preparing to sign a safe third country deal. “Next week ICE will begin the process of removing the millions of illegal aliens who have illicitly found their way into the United States. They will be removed as fast as they come in,” Trump said on Twitter, referring to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency. Also Read – Merkel warns UK Brexit deal ‘unlikely’ without compromise: London He added that “Guatemala is getting ready to sign a Safe-Third Agreement,” an apparent reference to a pact in which migrants entering Guatemalan territory would have to apply for refugee status there, not in the United States. The US is facing a surge in migrant arrivals from Guatemala and other impoverished Central American countries which are plagued by gang violence. The numbers have overwhelmed the ability of US authorities to temporarily shelter and process them. Also Read – India, China should jointly uphold peace and stability, resolve disputes through dialogues: Chinese ambassador Trump has called it “an invasion,” and has made the fight against illegal migration a central plank of his administration. Earlier Monday the US said it would not offer any more aid to El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras unless they take “concrete actions” to deter undocumented migrants from heading for the US. For fiscal 2019, USD 370 million initially planned will be allocated to other foreign policy priorities, the State Department said, and all future aid is now conditional. “We will not provide new funds for programs in those countries until we are satisfied the Northern Triangle governments are taking concrete actions to reduce the number of illegal migrants coming to the US border,” Ortagus said. Under a deal between the US and Mexico this month to avert threatened tariffs, Mexico agreed to deploy 6,000 National Guardsmen to reinforce its southern border, and to expand its policy of taking back migrants as the United States processes their asylum claims. “Mexico, using their strong immigration laws, is doing a very good job of stopping people long before they get to our Southern Border,” Trump said on Monday.last_img read more