Last week, Saudi Arabia agreed to permit UAE flights to “all countries” to overfly the kingdom, as Israeli premier Benjamin Netanyahu announced the launch of regular direct flights linking the UAE with the Jewish state.The announcement came just days after the first direct commercial flight from Tel Aviv to Abu Dhabi passed through Saudi airspace, marking the normalization of Israel-UAE ties under a US-backed deal known as the Abraham Accords.Riyadh’s decision marked another concrete sign of Saudi Arabia’s cooperation with Israel even after it publicly refused to follow the UAE’s move.”President Trump… welcomed the opening of Saudi air space to flights between Israel and the United Arab Emirates, beginning with last week’s historic commercial flight from Tel Aviv to Abu Dhabi,” said a White House readout of the phone call. “President Trump highlighted the significance of the Abraham Accords and discussed ways to enhance regional security and prosperity.”Allowing flights between Israel and the Emirates to cross Saudi airspace saves long detours around the Arabian peninsula.Saudi Arabia, the Arab world’s biggest economy and home to Islam’s holiest sites, faces more sensitive political calculations than the UAE.Despite its clandestine relations with Israel, a formal recognition of the Jewish state would be seen by Palestinians and their supporters as a betrayal of their cause and hurt the kingdom’s image as the leader of the Islamic world, analysts say.Trump also urged Saudi Arabia to “negotiate with other Gulf countries” to resolve a regional rift with Qatar, the White House added.Riyadh and its allies severed ties with Doha in a shock move in 2017, accusing the gas-rich emirate of backing extremists and siding with Saudi Arabia’s regional rival Iran. Qatar denies the charges.The crisis shows no sign of relenting despite rising international pressure. Topics : Saudi Arabia supports a “fair” solution for the Palestinian cause, King Salman has told Donald Trump in a phone call, as the US President praised the kingdom for opening its airspace to Israel-UAE flights.Saudi Arabia has said it will not follow the United Arab Emirates, which announced last month it would establish diplomatic ties with Israel, until the Jewish state has signed an internationally recognized peace accord with the Palestinians.In a phone call to Trump on Sunday, King Salman affirmed the “kingdom’s keenness to reach a lasting and fair solution to the Palestinian cause to bring peace”, the official Saudi Press Agency reported.
Although damaged, the fishing vessel managed to return to Victorias City on its own power. Flors stated to PCG that he tried to look for Adigue, but had a difficult time. It was dark. Both the PCG in Negros Occidental and Iloilo are currently still conducting a search and rescue operation. The fisherman was identified as 42-year-old Marlon Adigue Sr., a resident of Sitio Pasil in Barangay VI-A, Victorias City. BACOLOD City – Authorities are searching for a fisherfolk. His boat sank after it was allegedly hit by a cargo ship in the seas dividing Victorias City, Negros Occidental and Ajuy, Iloilo. BY DOMINIQUE GABRIEL BAÑAGA As they were fishing, an unknown cargo vessel rammed their small fishing boat, knocking Adigue off the boat. Flors, meanwhile managed to hold on to the fishing vessel. According to Benjamin, the seas separating Victorias City and Ajuy town is a busy shipping lane and mostly used by vessels heading to Metro Manila. It is very likely that the unknown cargo vessel was not able to see the fishing boat as it lacks any identification lights. Philippine Coast Guard-Negros Occidental (PCG) chief, Lieutenant Commander Jansen Benjamin, said Adigue, along with 36-year-old Agustin Flors, left Victorias City on a fishing trip on Friday evening. Benjamin also reminded fishermen to always make sure that their safety equipment before going out to sea, especially during the evening hours./PN
The Toffees turned to one of the most respected managers in world football after sacking Marco Silva in December, with the team languishing in the relegation zone approaching the midway point of the season. Everton have climbed up to 12th in the Premier League standings with Ancelotti at the helm, and still have an outside chance of finishing in the top seven if they can put together a strong run in their remaining nine fixtures. The 60-year-old tactician has already set about stamping his own mark on the squad, and Digne believes a spot at Europe’s elite table beckons if Everton can continue on their current trajectory. Pressed on his main ambition when football resumes following the coronavirus pandemic, the Toffees full-back told Sky Sports: “To finish in Europe for sure. We have to finish very high. “If we could finish in Europe, it would be best for the club and the fans. We are building something, we are building a project. We have very good players.Advertisement Promoted Content7 Non-Obvious Things That Damage Your PhoneTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More6 Incredibly Strange Facts About Hurricanes5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeTop 10 Iconic Personalities On TV NowThe Rarest And Most Valuable Card In The Whole World14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right NowA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This Day5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks Loading… “In a few years, they have bought a lot of players, they have invested a lot. We have to finish in the top four, top five, and to play the Champions League.” Digne went on to express his belief that the winning mentality Ancelotti has instilled into Everton’s squad, combined with the support of the fans at Goodison Park, holds them in good stead to achieve something “very special” in the coming years. “We are building a very good project,” he said. “We can do something very special and very good. “We can do better than last year (eighth) and maybe finish in Europe this year. We have something special at Goodison Park. We have the fans, they are behind us every time, everywhere. “We have something special in the club because we are a big family and if we can transform results on the pitch, it would be amazing. read also:Ancelotti: Milan not afraid of foreigners “Everybody is giving their best and we will see what happens. We have to keep this mentality and to do our best every time and I am sure we will finish very high.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Carlo Ancelotti can take Everton to the Champions League, according to Lucas Digne, who says the club are “building a very good project” under the former AC Milan and Chelsea boss.
Inter Milan icon, Beppe Bergomi, believes coach Antonio Conte’s team can win the Europa League this month. Inter meet Getafe in a round 16 playoff tonight. “Inter can win it. The matches are single-legged and you cannot afford to go wrong and therefore there may be some surprises,” he explained to Tuttosport. “It is difficult to say that Inter are a favorite but they have been playing a lot recently unlike the Spanish and German sides who have not played in several weeks.Advertisement Loading… read also:Conte can’t tolerate Messi at Inter – Di Canio “I have to say that as far as Inter are concerned, it seems to me that the team is doing well and is healthy. I personally commented on the match against Napoli and then I followed the victory in Bergamo with Atalanta. I have seen good Inter. Certainly, the Nerazzurri, being favoured on paper, will have more pressure on them, but they have everything they need to beat Getafe.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content20 Photos Of Kendall Jenner That Force You Love Her Even More10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do7 Reasons Why You Might Want To Become A Vegetarian6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?You’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo8 Fascinating Facts About Coffee8 Ways Drones Are Shaping Our Future7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year
Seymour, IN—The Seymour Board of Zoning Appeals has overturned a decision by the Seymour Plan Commission and has granted a land-use variance to a local developer to build a homeless shelter on the east side of the city.A standing-room-only crowd filled council chambers Tuesday night with many people speaking in favor of the proposed project. No one from the crowd spoke in opposition.
Last week Gazidis maintained improved commercial deals would see an “escalation in our financial firepower”, with an additional £70million understood to have been set aside should Wenger wish to land a marquee signing. Arsenal have been linked with both England forward Wayne Rooney and Real Madrid frontman Gonzalo Higuain. “The ambition that (majority shareholder) Stan Kroenke, Arsene Wenger, the players, our staff and I know all of the fans have is to be competing to win the Premier League and Champions League. If we are at that level, the trophies will come,” he added. “Those long term commercial deals have come up for renewal. You know about the Emirates (stadium and sponsorship) deal, I can’t talk about the (new) kit deal yet, but we’re confident of a good result there too. “It is all about giving us the capability to go to the manager and to say ‘here is the money for you to compete’. That is why we are in this stadium and that is what we want to do.” Wenger, 63, is heading towards the final season of his current contract and has been linked with taking charge at big-spending Ligue 1 side Paris St Germain, although Gazidis remains hopeful an extension can be reached with the French coach who helped guide Arsenal back into a top-four finish in the Premier League and with it another shot at the Champions League. Gazidis added: “It is no secret that we think he (Wenger) has done a fantastic job and we think we can give him the tools he needs. “When we are thinking about trusting someone with the type of money we will have, we can think of nobody better than Arsene. He is not scared to spend money, but he has to believe he is getting a top-class player.” Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis accepts it will be a “big summer” for the club in the transfer market and re-iterated significant funds were available should manager Arsene Wenger wish to spend them. The Gunners are determined to improve the strength of the squad ahead of next season to mount a long-overdue sustained assault for a Barclays Premier League title. “It is a big summer. We have been working very, very hard to gain the kind of financial capability we need as a football club to be at the very top end of the game,” he said during a question and answer session with Arsenal supporters at the Emirates Stadium. Press Association
BASSETERRE, St Kitts (CMC) – Barbados Pride confirmed their spot in next week’s Super50 Cup semi-finals in Trinidad with a comfortable seven-wicket win over minnows Canada here yesterday.There was no massive effort required on the part of the multiple-time champions as they bundled Canada out for 154 off 44 overs before romping to their target in the 23rd over, to finish with six wins from their eight preliminary round matches and top Group A with 24 points.The second semi-finalists will be confirmed today when second-placed Leeward Islands Hurricanes take on third-placed Jamaica Scorpions.Choosing to bat first, Canada slumped to 24 for four in the eighth over as discarded Test seamer Miguel Cummins (3-19) scythed through the top order with a devastating new-ball spell.He trapped left-hander Jeet Metha lbw on the drive without scoring, in the second over and returned in his next two overs to bowl in-form Harsh Thaker without scoring and have Nitish Kumar caught-and-bowled for seven.In-between, seamer Kyle Mayers accounted for opener Rayyan Pathan for 10, to a catch at the wicket.Kanwar Mann led a rally, top-scoring with 44 from 65 balls and helping to post 52 for the fifth wicket with Kanwarpal Tathgur who made 13.Off-spinner Ashley Nurse (2-46), who captained the side even though regular skipper Jonathan Carter was included, struck twice in the 22nd over to remove Tathgur and Shreyas Movva (4) to leave the North American side on 80 for six.Mann then combined with Shahid Ahmadzai, whose unbeaten 39 included five fours and a six from 53 balls, to post 28 for the seventh wicket and push Canada past 100.When Mann, who counted four fours, was run-out at the non-striker’s end, backing up too far in the 27th over, Ahmadzai managed to add precious runs in an eighth-wicket stand with Harmandeep Singh (11) worth 37.In reply, Pride made light work of the paltry target as opener Kjorn Ottley top-scored with 50 off 38 deliveries. Zachary McCaskie stroked an unbeaten 38 off 36 balls while Carter chipped in with 32 off 28 deliveries.Ottley, who struck half-dozen fours and two sixes, posted 54 off 40 balls for the first wicket with Leniko Boucher (22) to give the innings a rousing start.Boucher faced 19 balls before lofting off-spinner Kumar (2-31) to long-on in the seventh over and his dismissal paved the way for McCaskie to anchor two key partnerships and see his side home.McCaskie, a 23-year-old right-hander in his first game at this level, punched six fours as he added 30 for the second wicket with Ottley and 60 off 50 balls for the third wicket with Carter.Ottley fell in the 11th over, brilliantly caught low down at slip pushing at Kumar and Carter perished in the 19th, edging a booming drive at pacer Harmandeep, to be caught behind after belting four fours and two sixes. However, McCaskie remained until the end.
Today the Tipperary minor Ladies football team take on Armagh in the All Ireland final. The team have had a niumber of good wins to date and are confident heading into the game.Manager Anthony O Brien says Ladies football is a growing sport and tomorrows All Ireland final is testament to all the hard work put in by a large number of people across the county.
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisLAPENA, Mic. — Here’s something our service members will enjoy together. Cheer over a cup of brew this week for the first ever Alpena Veterans Coffee Hour.The Northeast Michigan Community Service Agency is offering this free networking event for our veterans. There will be plenty of coffee, donuts and fruit to eat this Thursday, 8:30 a.m. at the Great Lakes Maritime Heritage Center.NEMSCA won’t make this the only time. Future veteran coffee hours will be held the fourth Thursday of every month at no cost veterans as a thanks to your service. The future time will start at 9 a.m.AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisContinue ReadingPrevious Police stepping up seat belt enforcement for Memorial DayNext Crash on M-32 slows traffic into Alpena
Some notable names not making the cut include Phil Mickelson, Steve Stricker and Tony Finau. Mickelson, an Arizona State University graduate and fan favorite at the course, shot 4-over 75 to finish two strokes shy of the cut line. He had three bogeys on his first nine and two more after he made the turn.Round three will begin at 8:14 a.m. local time Saturday with the leaders teeing off at 10:45 a.m. SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — On Thursday, Rickie Fowler wanted to birdie his final hole to have a one-stroke lead over his best friend and housemate Justin Thomas. He didn’t. During the second round Friday, Fowler and Thomas were again tied for the lead except this time Fowler made an 8-foot, 5-inch putt for birdie to sit atop the leaderboard at the Waste Management Phoenix Open. 🐦🐦🐦🐦Four in a row to finish for @RickieFowler. He leads by 1 @WMPhoenixOpen.#LiveUnderPar pic.twitter.com/LGkxiqknPi— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) February 2, 2019Thomas, who carded 5-under 66, had a 31-foot, 4-inch birdie putt to make on 18 but came up just inches short to fall into second place (12 under). He finished round two with six birdies and one bogey.”It was a very solid day. I played really, really well again from tee to green,” Thomas said. “To only have one bogey through 36 holes is good, especially when it very easily could have gone in for a par.”Grace and Trey Mullinax are in a tie for third place (11 under) after shooting 7-under 64 while Matt Kuchar and Cameron Smith round out the top five (10 under). Gary Woodland, the 2018 Phoenix Open champion, is in a six-way tie for 11th place (7 under). He is joined by the likes of Harold Varner III and Jon Rahm. Phoenix Open: Branden Grace enjoying his first outing at the Waste Management “It was obviously a good finish,” Fowler said after his round. “I felt like I got a couple good breaks. … And just did a good job of staying disciplined, making good shots, good swings and made some good putts as well coming in.”Fowler birdied his last four holes at TPC Scottsdale to finish 6-under 65 on the day and 13 under for the tournament. He will be paired with Thomas and Branden Grace heading into the weekend. Related News